10246NAT Certificate IV in University Preparation
Applications for the Intensive Four Week Course will open shortly.
10246NAT Certificate IV in University Preparation.
UQ College offers intensive short courses over 4 weeks for you to obtain a prerequisite in Mathematics B, Biology or Chemistry.
Successful completion of an individual course will satisfy the prerequisite requirements in Math B, Chemistry or Biology at The University of Queensland or other university.
Timeframe: 4 Weeks November - December each year.
Cost: $1500 per course
Course Materials: All course-learning materials are supplied
2021 Dates: Tuesday 23 November – Saturday 18 December 2021
Close of Application: Wednesday 17 November 2021
Orientation: Monday 22 November 2021
All training and assessment will be delivered at St Lucia Campus.
Students attend Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5pm.
There are 4 Saturday tutorials available to students of which three are optional
Computer and internet access will be available on campus throughout all training.
Specific Science Courses:
Students seeking entry into a Biology or Chemistry course are required to have undertaken at least one year of science in their senior high school studies or equivalent
Award - Statement of Attainment:
On successful completion of the requirements of the course, a Statement of Attainment will be issued by UQ College.
When will your results be ready?
Results will be available for the Major QTAC offer round in January 2022.
It is a students responsibility to list this course in the qualifications section of your QTAC application.
Subject: Math B
To apply for the Intensive 4 Week Course in Math B download your application form and email form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once the College receives your application form, you will be contacted to organise a date and time to complete your Language Literacy and Numeracy Test and Interview.
On successful completion of this test, you will be asked to enrol online directly into your chosen subject. Payment of $1500 will be required for completion of your enrolment.
Subjects: Biology or Chemistry
To apply for Biology or Chemistry, you will be required to complete a Language Literacy and Numeracy test online. On successful completion of this test, you will be asked to enrol online directly into your chosen subject. Payment of $1500 will be required for completion of your enrolment.
Units of Competency/Courses
UPRMTH401 - Apply mathematical concepts to solve problems
UPRCHE401 - Investigate chemical science problems
UPRBIO401 - Investigate biological science problems
You are eligible to study a course if you meet the entry requirements. Entry requirements are the minimum qualifications, knowledge, skills, experience and attributes you need to successfully complete a course or program.
Eligibility Math B: To determine your eligibility for UPRMTH401 within 10246NAT Certificate IV in University Preparation it is important that you complete an Application Form. Ensure this form has been fully completed and signed, and all entry requirement documentation is included. The application form saved and forwarded to: email@example.com
Eligibility Biology or Chemistry: To determine your eligibility for UPRCHE401, UPRBIO401 within 10246NAT Certificate IV in University Preparation it is important you select the Apply Now Button below, and all entry requirement documentation to be attached to your online enrolment.
- As this course is the first step on a prospective academic pathway, students must have demonstrated academic ability at the required minimum.
- Unique Student Identifier (USI): It is now a requirement to have a USI number to enrol and receive your qualification or Statement of attainment. If you do not already hold a USI, you will need to go to www.usi.gov.au to create one prior to starting your enrolment.
- Completion of High School Year 11 in Australia, or competencies that demonstrate equivalence at a comparable level.
- Mature age students or learners from disadvantaged groups without the minimum educational requirements for entry, who are able to demonstrate through interview/testimonials/work samples, the maturity and motivation to succeed in the course may be granted special entry.
- Successful completion of a subject specific Language, Literacy and Numeracy test.
- Interviews in Math B will be assessed for suitability on the basis of prior educational qualifications and/or life skills and experience.
Making an Informed Decision
Please access the following links relating to enrolment:
- How to obtain a USI
- How to enter your subject into your QTAC application
- Math B Assessment Schedule
- Chemistry Assessment Schedule
- Biology Assessment Schedule
- VET Student Handbook
Proof of Status
- One form of photographic identification is required as part of your 10246NAT Certificate IV in University Preparation program enrolment.
- For Australian and New Zealand citizens
- Copy of your passport or driver’s licence or age card
- Holder of a permanent Visa including a permanent Humanitarian Visa
- Copy of your Passport or Immigration Card; AND
- Copy of your Visa or letter from the Dep. of Immigration and Citizenship
You are required to submit the following:
- Completed Online Enrolment form
- Photo ID x1 – Attached to enrolment process
- Proof of Status documentation (if required)
- Read all relevant information to ensure you are making an informed decision to enrol.
How to Apply
Applications for the Intensive Four Week Course will open 1 July 2021.
Don't understand a particular term used? Access a list of terms and definitions here
Form application process
Step A: Download the application form using the download button
Step B: Fill out the application form using Adobe Reader
Step C: Email your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Step D: Complete the assessment interview at UQ College. Note: You will be contacted about scheduling an interview after UQ College has received your completed application form.