Associate Degree in Business
This 16 month program offers the perfect pathway to university to gain new skills, switch careers or simply learn more about a business area that interests you. In this program, you’ll learn innovative business concepts and develop problem-solving techniques.
UQ College delivers this UQ Accredited Associate Degree in Business, as a standalone qualification, or a pathway into the fourth semester of UQ’s Bachelor of Business Management.
Qtac code: 752302
The Associate Degree in Business program is designed to prepare graduates to undertake para-professional work in business and as a pathway for further learning. Graduates will be able to apply technical and theoretical knowledge in a range of relevant contexts in both the public and private sectors
At the completion of the Associate Degree in Business, students should be able to:
- synthesise underpinning business knowledge, concepts, theories, principles and processes
- think constructively and logically about business-related issues and problems
- communicate clearly and concisely in presenting business related knowledge and ideas to a range of audiences
- apply business-related knowledge and technical skills to resolve routine problems and make ethical decisions across a range of contexts
- use initiative and judgement to plan and implement para-professional projects
- work autonomously and collaboratively as part of ongoing learning and para-professional practice
The program is delivered across 4 trimesters enabling you to graduate in 16 months.
When you successfully complete the Associate Degree in Business with a cumulative grade point average of 4 (on a 7 point scale) in your business courses you may be granted admission to the Bachelor of Business Management at UQ and may be granted 24 units of credit (or 3 semesters of full-time credit) towards that degree program.
View program rules
To be eligible for admission, applicants must satisfy the following requirements:
- Have achieved a minimum Overall Position (OP) 16, tertiary entrance rank 66 or equivalent qualification.
- Subject Pre-requisite: English (4, SA) or equivalent.
- English Language Proficiency requirements for Category 2.
Applicants are advised to also address the following:
- Assumed knowledge expectations: Mathematics A (4, SA) or equivalent
Plans are provided so you know what courses you are expected to enrol in every trimester depending on your commencement in the program.
Overview of the Associate Degree in Business Program structure and planning a program.
To plan your program, you should:
- read the Official Rules and Course lists under the Program Rules and Requirements link in the Courses and Programs section from the Associate Degree in Business page.
- attend appropriate information sessions held prior to and during Orientation.
How to Apply - Domestic Students
Navigate to the Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC) website
- Click on the ‘Apply now’ button
- Click the ‘Apply here’ button
- Create an account if new to QTAC or log in if already registered
- Input Associate Degree in Business QTAC course code: 752302
The Associate Degree in Business will only show when the intake is open
- Submit your application via the QTAC website
- If your application is successful you will receive your offer directly from QTAC.
- You will need to formally accept your offer from UQ (there will be instructions on how to do this in your offer letter and how to enrol).
Information valid for students commencing from 2019, including how to apply and the course list.
The information and links below provide information for current and future students enrolled in the Associate Degree in Business.
How to Apply - International Students
Application through The University of Queensland International Unit:
Completion of Year 12 or equivalent. English or English Communication, and Mathematics are recommended.
IELTS overall 6.5; reading 6; writing 6; speaking 6; listening 6. For other English Language Proficiency Tests and Scores approved for UQ
TOEFL IBT - Overall 87, listening 19, reading 19, writing 21 and speaking 19.
TOEFL PB - Overall 570, listening 54, reading 54, writing 59/5.
Pearsons - Overall Score of 64 and 60 in all sub bands.
BEP - A minimum overall grade of 4 plus a minimum grade of C in all macro skills.
CES - Overall 176 and 169 in all sub bands.
OET is not accepted.
International students who are accepted into full-time study in the Associate Degree in Business are eligible to apply for an Australian student visa.
The Australian Government has simplified the visa application process. Now, all international students apply for the Student Visa (subclass 500).
There are a number of requirements you must satisfy before a visa is granted. Find out more about the visa application process.
Don't understand a particular term used? Access a list of terms and definitions here