Position Available: Lecturer/Tutor, Graduate Certificate in Positive Behaviour Support
Lecturer/Tutor, Graduate Certificate in Positive Behaviour Support
UQ College is building a reputation for delivering engaging and relevant adult learning experiences, high retention and completion outcomes and great student and staff satisfaction ratings. Courses are well resourced and innovation and creativity are encouraged and supported.
A position is available as a Lecturer/Tutor in the Graduate Certificate in Positive Behaviour Support, through an online delivery mode. This qualification will provide students with the necessary knowledge and skills to:
- Conduct quality of life assessments
- Conduct a functional behavioural assessment
- Develop functional behavioural hypotheses specific to individual client need
- Increase an individual’s quality of life by person centric principles to individual planning
- Mentor organisation peers in functional behavioural assessment
The successful applicant must have:
- hold a tertiary qualification at Honours level or above in Allied Health, Psychology, Social or Behavioural Sciences (including Forensics, Mental Health and Learning Disabilities), or Nursing (Learning Disabilities, Mental Health or Psychiatric) and;
- have demonstrated competence in providing positive behaviour supports including Functional Assessment, development and implementation of Positive Behaviour Support Plans. They will have developed and implemented Positive Behaviour Support Plans for clients in the workplace as well as monitoring and review of client outcomes regarding challenging behaviour and;
- have a demonstrated current level of academic analysis and synthesis of research evidence to inform evidence based practice with clients. In addition, they will have implemented this best practice in a vocational setting.
As this is a Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualification, you must also hold a:
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, OR TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment plus the following units:
- either TAELLN411 or TAELLN401A, and either TAEASS502 or TAEASS502A or TAEASS502B, OR A diploma or higher level qualification in adult education
For more information please contact Dr Michele John at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on Friday May 16, 2021.
To apply please email your current CV and a short cover letter relating to your VET and Online delivery experience to Dr Michele John at email@example.com.