Jobs at UQ College
Create the future you want, explore your unique passion with UQ College.
UQ College values equity, diversity and inclusion, and seeks to reflect the broader community by attracting and retaining high-quality staff from a range of backgrounds.
Listed below are current vacancies:
Program Coordinator - Vocational Education and Training (VET)
UQ College is based at UQ St Lucia Campus. It maintains its mission of preparing post school age students to be successful at University and has access to a wide range of facilities and services for students. It is important that its educational programs also reflect these new opportunities and the purpose of this position is to ensure that the College’s Vocational Educational Programs are delivered to achieve student success in accordance with registration requirements.
The VET Program at UQ College is expanding with the College being registered to offer the Certificate IV in University Preparation, the Certificate IV in Adult Tertiary Preparation and the Graduate Certificate and Graduate Diploma in Positive Behaviour Support. More qualifications may be added to scope in the future.
VET programs at UQ College are delivered in several modes including on-campus intensive and extended programs and importantly the College delivers programs online and through other flexible combinations.
Applications close on Thursday May 20, 2021.
To apply for this position please send your resume plus a two page document answering the Capability profile
Online Teacher – Mathematics – Vet Pathways
UQ College provides new opportunities for its students to broaden their horizons and build their careers through education and training at UQ's St Lucia campus.
With the flexibility of a small company structure, together with a quality reputation and experience of its owners, the College provides high quality educational programs that provide more than just entry into university; we equip students with the knowledge and skills to succeed.
The College is seeking to appoint an online teacher who can deliver the course as well as make significant contributions to the development of existing learning content and assessment structures.
To be considered applicants must have a:
- TAE40116 or the equivalent upgraded qualification, and
- Degree in a relevant disciplines.
While the College is based at St Lucia, Queensland, applicants who are not able to attend the campus will be considered.
For more information please contact the VET Coordinator Lynda Robertson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on Friday May 16, 2021.
To apply please email your current CV and a short cover letter relating to your VET and Online delivery experience to the VET Coordinator Lynda Robertson at email@example.com.
Lecturer/Tutor, Graduate Certificate in Positive Behaviour Support
UQ College is building a reputation for delivering engaging and relevant adult learning experiences, high retention and completion outcomes and great student and staff satisfaction ratings. Courses are well resourced and innovation and creativity are encouraged and supported.
A position is available as a Lecturer/Tutor in the Graduate Certificate in Positive Behaviour Support, through an online delivery mode. This qualification will provide students with the necessary knowledge and skills to:
- Conduct quality of life assessments
- Conduct a functional behavioural assessment
- Develop functional behavioural hypotheses specific to individual client need
- Increase an individual’s quality of life by person centric principles to individual planning
- Mentor organisation peers in functional behavioural assessment
The successful applicant must have:
- hold a tertiary qualification at Honours level or above in Allied Health, Psychology, Social or Behavioural Sciences (including Forensics, Mental Health and Learning Disabilities), or Nursing (Learning Disabilities, Mental Health or Psychiatric) and;
- have demonstrated competence in providing positive behaviour supports including Functional Assessment, development and implementation of Positive Behaviour Support Plans. They will have developed and implemented Positive Behaviour Support Plans for clients in the workplace as well as monitoring and review of client outcomes regarding challenging behaviour and;
- have a demonstrated current level of academic analysis and synthesis of research evidence to inform evidence based practice with clients. In addition, they will have implemented this best practice in a vocational setting.
As this is a Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualification, you must also hold a:
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, OR TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment plus the following units:
- either TAELLN411 or TAELLN401A, and either TAEASS502 or TAEASS502A or TAEASS502B, OR A diploma or higher level qualification in adult education
For more information please contact Dr Michele John at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on Friday May 16, 2021.
To apply please email your current CV and a short cover letter relating to your VET and Online delivery experience to Dr Michele John at email@example.com.