Best Foot Forward Program registrations open now! Click here to register.
UQ College is just seven kilometres from Brisbane's city centre at The University of Queensland's St Lucia Campus which is renowned as one of Australia's most attractive university campuses.
Just seven kilometres from Brisbane's city centre, UQ College is located in the beautiful grounds of The University of Queensland.
Bounded by the Brisbane River on three sides, the 114 hectare site provides a perfect study and living environment. You will enjoy the best of both worlds: a vibrant modern campus with tradition of an established university.
The gracious sandstone architecture, with its hub of cloistered buildings enclosing the National Trust registered Great Court - along with parklands and lakes - encompass world-class teaching and research facilities, including Queensland's largest research library and fully equipped laboratories and lecture theatres.
As soon as you join UQ College you commence your journey as a student of The University of Queensland.
UQ College programs prepare you for success at university and equip you to achieve your ambitions. They allow you to experience the excitement and satisfaction of becoming immersed in life as a university student.
Our Associate Degree in Business, Tertiary Preparation Program, Certificate in Adult Tertiary preparation and the University Prerequisite Courses provide life-changing opportunities for people of different ages and backgrounds. All programs offer pathways to university.
UQ College's Certificate IV in Adult Tertiary Preparation is delivered online giving the opportunity to work and study in your own time to meet the requirements for university entry.
If you are a school leaver moving directly into higher education, or a mature-aged person embarking on a career change, you will experience the welcoming and focused community UQ College offers. You will have the opportunity to develop positive relationships with staff members who will work with you to help you achieve at your highest level.
Our aim across all programs is to assist your successful pathway into undergraduate study.
Position Description - Program Coordinator VET
10th June 2019
Best Foot Forward Workshop (BFF)
PUT YOUR BEST FOOT FORWARD AS YOU PREPARE FOR UNIVERSITY
Over 3 days in June UQ College's Best Foot Forward (BFF) program will assist your successful transition to university.
Limited places available
Dates: Monday 24, Tuesday 25, Wednesday 26 June 2019
1 Session per day over 3 days
3.5 hour session per day
Times: 9.00am – 12.30pm
Resources and morning tea supplied
The sessions focus on:
- The challenges to overcome and strategies to succeed at university in your first year;
- Who I am and what personal skills do I need to be successful;
- How do I thrive in a different setting, with different pressures in a university environment.
The BFF program’s goal is to raise your awareness of what to expect at university, how to manage yourself in transition, ways to thrive during your university experience and provide you with ways to make your transition successful.
We encourage you to attend this informative program to ensure that you are fully prepared for the next exciting step on your journey in tertiary education.
10th June 2019
Flexible Intensive 12 Week English Course September 2 - November 22, 2019
This Intensive Course in English is a flexible twelve-week course to satisfy the relevant prerequisite requirement at The University of Queensland or any other university.
The core unit of English sits within the qualification 10765NAT Certificate IV in Adult Tertiary Preparation which is recognised by The University of Queensland as a high-quality academic pathway. The Certificate IV in Adult Tertiary Preparation is recognised as a Year 12 alternative, you will be able to apply to the Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC) for a ranking on completion, or alternatively, you may just complete a specialised unit to meet prerequisite requirements for the university.
Timeframe: 12 weeks
Statement of Attainment
To meet the university prerequisite requirements, you will be required to complete all elective units of competency within a subject area: e.g. ENGLISH (ATPPRE001, ATPALS001, ATPALS002) you will then receive a Statement of Attainment issued by UQ College.
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) is a reference number allocated to each person undertaking recognised training courses. It is now a requirement to have a USI number to receive your Qualification or Statement of Attainment. If you don’t already hold a USI, you will need to go to www.usi.gov.au to create one.
Email completed application form to: email@example.com
Under 18 years of age
If you are under 18 years of age, parental signature approval is required to validate the application form.
One form of photographic identification is required as part of your Certificate IV in Adult Tertiary Preparation program enrolment.
For Australian and New Zealand citizens
- A copy of your passport or driver’s licence or age card
Holder of a permanent Visa including a Permanent Humanitarian Visa
- A copy of your Passport or Immigration Card; AND
- A copy of your Visa or letter from the Dep. of Immigration and Citizenship
If you have undertaken additional studies or achieved qualifications after high school, we may need to assess the qualification. You may be asked to provide your Academic Record/Certificate/ Statement of Attainment with your enrolment.
Course Materials: All course learning materials are supplied
2019 Applications Close: Friday August 9, 2019
2019 Start and Close of Study:
Monday September 2, 2019 to Friday November 22, 2019
Students attend St Lucia Campus on Monday Night: 6:00pm – 9:00pm,
and Flexible Online Wednesday Night: 6:00pm – 8:00pm optional
When will your results be ready?
Results will be available for the Major QTAC offer round in January 2020.
UNITS OF COMPETENCY:
ATPPRE001 Plan and prepare for study
ATPALS001 Apply academic learning skills
ATPALS002 Apply advanced academic learning skills to develop an academic argument. (Prerequisite ATPALS001)
You are eligible to study a program if you meet the entry requirements. Entry requirements are the minimum qualifications, knowledge, skills, experience and attributes you need to successfully complete the program.
To determine your eligibility for a course within the10765NAT Certificate IV in Adult Tertiary Preparation it is important that you complete an Application Form. Ensure this form has been fully completed and signed, and all entry requirement documentation is included.
- As this course is the first step on a prospective academic pathway, students must have demonstrated academic ability at the required minimum.
- Unique Student Identifier (USI): It is now a requirement to have a USI number to enrol and receive your qualification or Statement of attainment. If you do not already hold a USI, you will need to go to www.usi.gov.au to create one prior to starting your enrolment.
- Completion of High School Year 11 in Australia, or competencies that demonstrate equivalence at a comparable level.
- Mature age students or learners from disadvantaged groups without the minimum educational requirements for entry, who are able to demonstrate through interview/testimonials/work samples, the maturity and motivation to succeed in the course may be granted special entry.
- Successful completion of a subject specific Language, Literacy and Numeracy test.
- Interview - you will be assessed for suitability on the basis of prior educational qualifications and/or life skills and experience
What happens next?
Once UQ College receives your Application Form:
- you will receive a return email confirmation of receipt of your application including the following:
- you will be sent a Student Handbook;
- you will be sent information relating to your requirement for a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- you will be sent information on how to include this course into your QTAC application
- you will be contacted either by phone or email to establish a suitable date and time for your Language, Literacy and Numeracy test relating to your specific course/subject test;
- you will be required to show proof of ID at interview;
- at interview, you will be assessed for suitability on the basis of prior educational qualifications and/or life skills and experience;
- at interview you will receive a copy of an assessment schedule for your specific course, to assist you to make an informed decision about the course and its workload;
- UQ College will communicate with you regarding the outcome of your tests and interview within 5 business days, with either a Provisional Letter of Offer or advice that you have not been successful for entry into this intensive course.
You are required to submit the following:
- Completed Enrolment form
- Course fees paid two weeks prior to Start of Study
- Photo ID x1
- Copy of USI number or a USI Notification Letter (https://www.usi.gov.au) and
- Proof of Status documentation (if required)
- Read the information supplied in UQ College Student Handbook
10th June 2019
Online - Certificate IV in Adult Tertiary Preparation (10765NAT)
Do you require a prerequisite or the full qualification.
This qualification is delivered online giving you the opportunity to work and study in your own time to meet the requirements for university entry.
Whether you are looking to gain entry to university via an alternate pathway, increase your Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC) ranking, or seeking a specific prerequisite for entry into university, this qualification will equip you with life-long learning skills specific to tertiary education.
This qualification is recognised by The University of Queensland as a high-quality academic pathway. The Certificate IV in Adult Tertiary Preparation (10765NAT) is recognised as a Year 12 alternative, you will be able to apply to the Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC) for a ranking on completion or alternatively, you may just complete a specialised unit to meet prerequisite requirements for university.
For further information go to the PROGRAMS PAGE
6th March 2019
2019 Academic Calendar
To Contact UQ College:
Telephone Number: (07) 3346 8222
UQ College 2019 Trimester Dates
Trimester 1: Monday January 21, 2019 - Friday April 27, 2019
Trimester 2: Monday May 13, 2019 - Friday August 16, 2019
Trimester 3: Monday September 2, 2019 - Friday December 6, 2019
30th November 2018
UQ College Program Guide
14th May 2019